Friday Five – June 4th, 2021
Updated: Feb 24, 2022
Hi friends! Welcome to this week’s Friday Five! Let’s get started.
1. My husband and I just got back from a trip to Palm Beach, and it was actual H E A V E N. I’m not kidding when I tell you that my anxiety levels were the lowest they’ve been in a long time when we were down there. It was five days of the beach, swimming in the pool, cocktails, fish tacos, shopping, fancy dinners and tons of time for my favorite hobby – reading. I am currently working on a blog post highlighting the best parts of the trips, my advice for traveling in a post-COVID world, and tons of links to shop what I wore down there. Keep your eyes out for it this weekend.
2. How is everyone feeling about the start of summer? I myself am personally so happy that summer is here, and not much is on the agenda aside from a few things. Last summer was extremely stressful for me and my husband, dealing with the thick of COVID and trying to plan our wedding through it all. This summer, even though I’ll be working a lot, I still plan on taking some time to enjoy the slow moments. And being vaccinated makes it all the more exciting, too!
3. I am currently reading Emily Ley’s latest book Growing Boldly, and y’all. Holy. Moly. No matter where you are in your stage of life, you NEED this book. It’s all about designing the life you love, daring to be bold. Every single is chapter is speaking right to my soul, and its particularly perfect for my current stage of life. I linked it here, so you can get your hands on a copy and enjoy for yourself!
4. When I was in Florida we took a morning to go to my favorite mall on this planet, the Palm Beach Gardens Mall (IYKYK). I had an amazing experience at their Madewell because they actually had some plus-size items in the store, which if you also buy plus-size clothes you know that they are rarely if ever in store. I bought a pair of skinny jeans, and let me tell you I have never been so excited about a pair of jeans before in my life. They were the 10″ rise skinny jeans, and they fit so amazingly that I was absolutely floored. because a lot of times clothing companies who expand to plus sizes have a really hard time creating clothes that fit well for our frames. I am now on a quest to own every pair of Madewell jeans, because they are just that amazing. I am linking their jean shop here, and if you follow me on Instagram I am going to show them on my stories this weekend!
5. Okay so I know I am not alone in obsessing over Olivia Rodrigo’s new album Sour. The teen breakup angst is something we’ve all experienced, and I love how this album takes you on a journey of her heartbreak and healing. It’s definitely the album of the summer, and I am not mad about it at all. I can’t wait to see where Olivia’s career takes her.
Have a great weekend, friends!