Friday Five – January 15th, 2021
Updated: Feb 25, 2022
Hi friends! Welcome to the first ever ‘Friday Five’!
This is something I’ll be doing every Friday to round off the week and check in with you all. They won’t necessarily be about anything in particular, sometimes they could be about fashion, sometimes favorite product finds, recipes, Beautycounter stuff, TV shows, current events, you name it. Just something fun & easy, because we all need more of those these days. So, let’s get started!
1. I am rounding the corner on my first official week as a fashion blogger, and I have to state for the record that I officially LOVE it. I am so excited to be here creating space for fellow style-loving, plus-size women like myself. I am still trying to get in the groove of writing on here, posting on social media, shooting content, but it’s work that I am thoroughly enjoying and I feel so blessed to be here. Thank you, dear readers and followers, for your support!
2. This week I discovered Net-a-Porter’s Girlfriend Collective, and O.M.G. I need it all! It is their limited edition capsule collection of activewear and workout clothes, and the sizes range from XXS-6XL. Their models are REAL women, their prices are affordable, and I am dying to get my hands on some items. I know it says it’s a limited edition collection, but I really hope they keep them around, because we need more size-inclusive athletic wear companies (ahem). You can shop their site and join me in my obsession!
3. Right now, Beautycounter has 20% off for new clients until the end of January, which isn’t something that comes around a lot! If you are a new client of Beautycounter (or sign up with a new email), and are looking to switch to safer products, this sale is perfect for you! Some newer items are excluded from that, like our new Creamy Concealer, but almost everything else is applicable. If you are new to Beautycounter and need some recommendations, head over to the Beauty tab on this site for my top 12 favorite products! Everything can be shopped from my link. At checkout, input your email address and use code CLEANFORALL20 in the promo box. And of course, never hesitate to reach out if you have specific skin or makeup issues you need help with.
4. If you haven’t already watched it, the show “the wilds” on Amazon Prime is SO GOOD. Yes, I know the trailer makes it look like a rip-off of LOST, but I can assure you it is far from it. The cast is a very diverse group of women, all of whom are stellar up and coming talent. The end of season 1 leaves on a total cliffhanger, and word on the street is season 2 is about to start filming. Its been over a week since I finished the finale and I can’t stop thinking about it! Do yourself a favor and watch.
5. I started listening to Emily Ley’s newest book “When Less Becomes More” on audiobook, and WOW. This book is exactly what the doctor ordered. Emily wrote it coming from a place of overwhelm and emptiness, feeling like she had depleted herself trying to keep up with the world today. I am only a few chapters in, but the rest of the book is about filling up your well with “the good stuff” to nourish you. It has really great themes of “less rush, more rhythm; less frenzy, more soul rest”. As a modern day woman, I could absolutely relate to everything Emily was talking about, and I can’t wait to finish listening! You can find her book on her website here.