Friday Five – Friday, July 30th
Updated: Feb 24, 2022
Hi friends, welcome back to the Friday Five (Saturday edition!) – let’s get started!
1. Last night I watched the Love Is Blind: After The Altar special and WOW. What a shit show. I have always been a fan of Love is Blind, and would dare say it is the only reality dating show I could really appreciate, but this special was drama-packed. It was really nice to check in with all the people who were on the show, whether they found love in the pods or not, and to see what life for them has been like since the past 2 years. There are all of my quick thoughts: Lauren & Cameron have been and will always be my favorite couple on the show (and people need to STOP ASKING WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!); Amber & Barnett need to grow the hell up and move on because Jessica was just trying to do something nice; Mark is an even bigger asshole than I originally thought and I hope his fiancee knows what she’s in for; I’m so happy Jessica has found true love and is coming to love herself; the love triangle with Giannina and Damien gave me a headache and was like watching a train wreck; I love how sweet of a person Diamond is and I hope she finds true love someday; I’ve missed the Pod Squad.
2. Does anyone else feel like this summer has literally gone in the blink of an eye? I can’t believe August starts this week! I don’t know if its been the ups and downs in the weather, or how busy I’ve been this season, but I am really not ready for it to end. The only reason Chicagoans put up with the long, cold winters is because summer in the city is truly beautiful. I’m determined to squeeze every last drop from this season before the seasons change again.
3. I am super excited to announce that I am now offering free clean living consultations. Clean products & ingredients is something I’m so passionate about, and I love helping others find clean and safe products that work for them, whether they are Beautycounter or not. We can talk about everything from deodorant, makeup, laundry detergent, hand sanitizer, the list goes on! These are free 15 minute one on one conversations to help you make the best choices for your and your family. Click here to find out more and sign up!
4. Speaking of clean products, I am super pumped for the long awaited product coming out this week from Beautycounter! Our new All-In -One Mascara! Beautycounter really knocked it out of the park with this one, because their updated formula is so smooth, doesn’t clump and is sweat resistant so its very long-lasting. With all my research on clean living I’ve learned that making a good quality mascara that doesn’t have a bunch of chemicals and junk in is it NOT an easy task. But Beautycounter nailed it. It also has conditioning elements to it, to keep your lashes full & hydrated, too! As a consultant I got my hands on a tube during our pre-sale, and I am absolutely a fan! Even just one coat does the trick.
5. Taking a moment to be real & vulnerable with you all (because that’s the name of the game here at Follow The Curve), I have to say I have been battling a lot of anxiety around my business. One part of it is the immense amount of pressure I put on myself, the other part is a few unfortunate circumstances that has put me a bit behind on content & work. I have been having a really tough time finding a photographer for my content, either because of availability, budget, sharing the same vision, etc. I know COVID has definitely played a part, because so many photographers are backlogged with postponed weddings from 2020, which is great for them but making it tough for me. I realize things have been a bit quiet here and on my Instagram page, and for that I apologize. All of this to say, thank you for being loyal to me here, and sticking with me, even during the slow times. I really am so excited for whats to come, and I love having this little corner of the internet to call home.
Enjoy your weekend!